Temporary Eviction Moratorium 

The Federal Centers for Disease Control has issued a temporary eviction moratorium effective through October 3, 2021. This protection only applies to counties registering significant or high levels of Covid transmission . As of August 13, 2021, New London County , Connecticut is among those counties upgraded to the high transmission category . Residents  unable to pay rent due to the impact of COVID are therefore eligible to apply for the temporary eviction moratorium. A signed declaration is required. Click on this link CDC Eviction Protection Declaration to access the required CDC form.

Child Tax Credit

Whether you file a tax return or not, low- and moderate-income families with minor children can qualify for the federal monthly child tax credit. Click on this IRS link to get started.